Saturday, July 11, 2009

WHAT I LEARNED FROM MICHEAL


It was not easy to write


About what I feel for Micheal


It was strange that he was taken


The day I found Peace.


That morning I was stunned


It seemed so unreal


I really wanted to believe


It was just a wierd commercial



Then when Jermain sang

'SMILE'


a song I loved as well


I could not hold it back


Eventhough my students were walking in


I had made the connection


And the song was on the screen


And the awful reality


was sinking in...




But I could not believe


What they said about you Micheal


That you had changed what you believe in.



I heard them say you are with God


Yet the echo of the question


kept coming back to pierce me.


Micheal , did you know Jesus?


Would you ever deny him?





I was not the only one who hurt for you


Not the only one trying to hold back my tears.






2 comments: