Thursday, July 2, 2009

MERCY AND COMPASSION

Thank you SOS BELOVED for your post " Blessed Are The Merciful"

It is very timely.

As I listen to Jesus I find myself moving away from being


"self righteous".


The condition of feeling that what I think is the best.

I must be open and listen to others.

Why do they feel what they feel.

All I must do is love them.

But I have also changed since I came to know Jesus.

I think about his commandment:

Love the Lord Your God with all your heart and all your soul.

Love your neighbour as yourself.

It is significant that Jesus says

LOVE WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND ALL YOUR SOUL

The heart and soul are separate yet connected.

Where is the head?

Recently a friend told me that when the Voice speaks to him he hears first in his heart and then it goes to his head. Not from the head to the heart, he added.

How do you hear the Voice?

How does Jesus speak to you?



My reflection of

" Love Your neighbour as yourself" ....

I want my friends to walk with me on my journey

So I must walk with them.

And there are other sheep

Not of this fold.

"I will bring them also

And there will be one flock, one shepherd"



Gone are the days when I would politely avoid talking about Jesus.



Jesus walks with us and is a part of every converstaion

3 comments:

  1. Jesus was on His way to Jerusalem,
    when ten lepers called out to him,
    "Master, have pity on us."
    Jesus said, "Go, show yourself to the priests."
    As they went, they were cleansed.
    One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice.
    Jesus asked, "Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine?"

    The statements by Jesus:
    "Love the Lord Your God with all your heart and all your soul." and
    "Love your neighbour as yourself."

    Message can be found in the story of Jesus and the ten lepers, when He asked them to show themselves to the priests.

    Showing ourselves to the world is a powerful message,
    A saying said: "Action speaks louder than word."
    Love can be seen in many parts of our lives.

    James said in his writings "Faith and Deeds"
    What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can faith save him?
    Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?
    In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. James 2:14-17

    We are God's shepherd,
    Let us walk hand in hand,
    Revealing ourselves to the world,
    In one flock and one shepherd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a profound comment. I always feel nurtured by you. I would say you have inspired me tremendously...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us not weary in doing good,
    for at the proper time we will reap a harvest,
    if we do not give up.

    Let us carry each other's burdens and
    in this way you will fulfil the law of Christ.

    ReplyDelete