Saturday, July 11, 2009

LANGUAGE AND POWER

LANGUAGES..This has been the controversy I have been avoiding.
But I decided to speak out here after reading Jordan's blog.
Well.. I read but did not understand .. because it was in MANDARIN.
No complaints, Jordan. You have made me realize something.
If our thoughts cannot reach another, we can't share important inisghts.
And if we want to be leaders, we have to get over this LANGUAGE BLOCK.

What is the language block for you?

Recently we have the issue of choosing the langauge for teaching science and mathematics.


I used to be lost in the language I had to perform in at work.
So what do I do?
Learn and practice.
I do whatever it takes to perform well.
That's all.
I am not distracted by controversies that waste my energy.

Whatever the situation is.
Whatever the complications are.
Just do what it takes to survive.
Then do what it takes to be a leader.

And if that means mastering many languages
I would do that.

If others have a problem with this
It is their choice.

We are given a FREE CHOICE.

What you choose will determine how effective you can be.

If some people wanna learn fewer langauges
Let them.
They will have to live with the effects of their choice.

You make your own choice.

Now I have to link it to the HOLY SPIRIT.

When the HOLY SPIRIT came
The disciples could speak many languages
Eventhough they were Galileans.

People thought they were drunk.

You can check this up by reading the Gospel.

For me it means that we are to reach all nations with many languages.

Language is the tool for bringing TRUTH.



.

6 comments:

  1. Language is the tool for bringing TRUTH. Yes, I am agree with it. Without language, TRUTH can be expressed well.

    I would like to share with you about my learning-English. I used to be a very very very poor student in English in primary school and even secondary school. Even my English teacher purposely punished me for I can't even say out an English word. How embarassing I was that time. But, I told myself I must overcome it and I must learn English for my own good and for my future. It is really not an easy job to learn English from the beginner,and yet it is really challenging. However, I kept on learning and never give up easily. Finally, I can manage to speak, to read and to understand English well.

    'If our thoughts cannot reach another, we can't share important inisghts.
    And if we want to be leaders, we have to get over this LANGUAGE BLOCK.'

    Yes, if we can get over the language block, we can enlarge the christianity on a place of that language. I believe you can learn new language as well. May God lead you. 玛莉安女士,你行的,加油。

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the chapters in the book of Acts, during the of the Pentecost. There were more 17 languages spoken by the people at that time though they were all Galileans.
    The people around them were all surprised that they were able to speak their languages perfectly.

    The more languages we know the easier we can move around with people.
    And God's word can be preached easily.
    So, struggle to learn more languages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Language is the most important tool that we can share all of our feelings and idea with the other. However, we know that there ara many kind of language in the world. Even the bible also need to translated to many different language, so that all of us can read through the word of God and understanding the moving of God in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya, i agree that language is the tool to bringing truth...
    this make me remember 2 scenes...
    still remember last time i just joke to a friend...
    but, i don't know why he so mad at me and even scold at me...
    all those word leave a bit scar in my heart...
    until now i still don't know what's the wrong?
    but, i not dare to ask so, just let it go away with time...
    because language had hurt someone...
    another time is about girl friend, boy friend and the 3rd person story...
    the 3rd person tell that boy friend is her boyfriend...
    but, at that time that girl friend already in relationship with boy friend...
    so, the girl friend prefer to leave boy friend...
    but, boy friend keep on saying he and she just friend...
    just because of not communicate well, girl friend and boy friend break out...
    this shows how important is the language...
    because of same language, we just can communicate well...
    so, be smart and use suitable language at suitable time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes use language effectively. Thanks for sharing from your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, we agree with u....If we can't use the language to communicate well, we may cause misunderstanding with others and face some conflict. Even if we use the wrong words, we may hurt someone's feeling....So, think twice before talking.....

    ReplyDelete