Monday, June 15, 2009

NOT A GOOD FRIEND

I have not been a good friend

Never wrote when I left

Lost your number and never saw you again till

Too many years later.

But you were still the same

So pretty,

So loving,

So gracious...

And I never knew

I would not see you again.

You asked me for help...

I did not know how then...

Said you were not feeling well...

And I dragged my feet...

Got caught in the busy swirl of doing my job...

And then when it was time... for a break and I could finally see you

I got a call and...

It was hard to imagine

That you were trully gone...

Well,

For a long time I did not know how to cry or what to think or what to feel

But my eyes are burning now and my tears are falling

And tho I will not get a second chance to tell you what I know now

Maybe someone close to you will read it

I want so much to tell you

That Jesus is next to you

Always waiting to make a new creation

When you think you can't make it

Jesus is next to you

Waiting for you to hear his voice



And it is only when I could be a really good friend

That I could have shared this with you

But I didn't

2 comments:

  1. Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gideon. Your making links with the Word is very nurturing for me.

    ReplyDelete