Thursday, June 11, 2009

FAITH, WORKS AND WISDOM

What is the relationship between Faith, Works and Wisdom?

I used to think that Salvation is something that is for God to detremine.

My role was to build the Kingdom of God.

I was very complacent then.

For me the Kingdom of God was the whole world.

So whatever I could do to make a better world was contributing to building the Kingdom of God.

Now that I started reading the Word I realize I know so little

of the Mystery of the Kingdom of God.

First I pondered on what this phrase meant : Justified by Faith.

My friends explained that it means we are saved by faith and not by works.

Then just a minute ago as I read my Bible I read the Letter From James.

James 3 : 14

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith, but does not have works?

Can his faith save him?

James 3:17

In the same way faith, if it doesn't haev works, is dead by itself.

James 3: 22

You see that faith was active togetehr with his works,

and by works,

faith is perfected.

AND WHAT OF WISDOM?

James 1 : 2

Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience trials,

knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurence.

But endurance may do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete,

lacking nothing.

Now if any of you lacks wisdom,

he should ask God,

who Gives to all generously and without criticising,

and it will be given to him.

2 comments:

  1. Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
    By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
    By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith he still speaks, even though is is dead.
    By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death;
    By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family.
    By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later received as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.(Hebrews 11:1-40)

    My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you,
    Turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding,
    And if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding,
    And if you look for it as for silver and search for its for hidden treasure,
    Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
    And find the knowledge of God.
    For the Lord gives wisdom,
    And from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. (Proverbs 2:1-6)

    Some more references can be found in the bible which are not stated here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnak you Jallin. I am amazed at how you connect it to so many different people and events...

    ReplyDelete