Tuesday, June 23, 2009

DIVISIONS AND DISTRACTIONS

The prayer meeting tonight was filled with the Holy Spirit.

Our brother posed questions that were simple and powerful

Why don't we focus on what unites us..

Why don't we focus on Jesus?

( Instead of doctrinal differences and different practices )

Why don't we focus on Jesus?

Is Christ divided?



I was struck when he shared that at Pentecost

the disciples were gathered in one place and were one in purpose.



I started to think about how to look at the unity issue across generations.

Just a few days ago I was struck by a comment from a young adult who

had a passion for evangelizing.

He said, there were two groups and two different ways of thinking.

Let the older generation do it in their own way

And the new generation do it in their own way... on-line.



Then I started to ponder on it .

The challenge for me is to

get the older generation to evangelize on line.

It seems to me that there is so much potential there.

Ideally both generations could reach out on-line...



Think of it.

In the past, Paul travelled on horseback I imagine.

Then there were missionaries who crossed oceans and trecked the jungle..to share the gospel.


Today there is a new frontier.

There are many who seek ....

Many who cannot reach us....

So somehow we must reach them.

Jesus has provided us the medium of communication.

He has even made it possible to speed up the way we reach those who are difficult to contact.



The possibilities are around us.

Will we seize the moment and just do it?

2 comments:

  1. The Lord God reminds in His word
    Behold, I'm coming soon!
    Preach the My word to the nation,
    Reach to the end of the globe,
    For every ear must hear My word,
    every heart must repent, and
    every soul must be saved
    Before My return.

    The Lord spoke to Ezekiel, saying:
    When I say to a wicked man,
    "You will surely die, and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life,
    that wicked man will die for his sin,
    and I will hold you accountable for his blood.
    But if you do worn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways,
    he will die for his sin;
    but you will have save yourself."
    Ezekiel 3:18-20

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jallin..could you give me the verses where Jesus asks us to evangelize to the ends of the globe?

    ReplyDelete