Wednesday, May 13, 2009

MIRI JAZZ FEST

MIRI JAZZ FESTIVAL

Watching the musicians from France, The Dites, I felt balanced and exhilarated.

Balanced?

Yes, I was rather affected by a friend’s comment that I shouldn’t think so much about religion.

Now I really don’t think I am thinking about religion.

But he was right.. I was thinking about it all the time.. like now…It’s late and I ought to be in bed and here I am typing a posting even though the net is stuck.

So I went to the Jazz festival to get balanced.

And guess what…God was there.

Yes I felt Him in the music and in the musicians.

I can’t say I felt Him in the audience.. well not in some of them..

But when I felt like dancing I could almost see God dancing too.

And I wondered why religion had divided us.

Where did religion come from? Not from God….

Do you know what I mean..?

Even Jesus had a problem with religion…

It was the religious leaders who rejected him.

Very telling I must say…

The next group was led by a South African guitarist.

For the life of me I didn’t know what he was singing.

But the music was hypnotic and prayerful.

Strange isn’t it….I wondered if anyone else felt that…

I wanted to lift my hands and worship…

But I only opened my palms in prayer as I always do when I feel the Holy Spirit.

Why was I was so happy…?

Was it the music?

Was it because I felt love?


He answered..because God was there…

1 comment:

  1. Recall back when Jesus was on earth, his life was no different just like you and me. He felt hungry, thirsty, he slept, ate and drank just like each one of us. But why is he different? As the Son of the Most High God, He was fill by the Holy Spirit that makes Him different. He knows what was happening and what is going to take place in future. He sees what's in the mind of the Pharisees and religious leaders.
    On the day John baptized Him, the Holy Spirit ascended on Him and God says: "You are my beloved son; in you I am well pleased." (Luke 3:22)

    As Jesus follower (refer to a real christian), the person is filled by the Holy Spirit that makes him different from the worldly people. He might mix around with his colleagues, friends and who so ever around him, from all work of life. They might take liquor and get drunk but he does not though he's their closest friend. They might commit sins but he's not because the fear of God is in him. His spirit is saturated by God's spirit. That's King David said in Psalm 19:14 "May the words om my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."
    Psalm 37:30 says: "The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just."

    Compare to those who does not know God, they are far different. They might be good in the eyes. Like Psalm 62:4 says: "With their mouths they bless, but in their hearts they curse."

    Blessed are you who know God because great is your reward in heaven.

    ReplyDelete