Saturday, May 16, 2009

DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?

I went to watch Angels and Demons. It was captivating. I liked the play of different personalities.

One moment stood out for me.

The priest asked Langdon the symbologist, "Do you believe in God?"

Langdom muttered something about Religion. He was interrupted by the priest who said,

" I am not talking about what man has said about God. I am asking you , Do you believe in God?"

Langdon replied, "My mind tells me I will never understand God"

"And your heart?"

"My heart tells me faith is a gift I have yet to receive.."

I was touched by the way he put it.

That faith was a gift.

I felt thankful for this gift.

It has brought me joy, passion... and peace.

There were many moments in the movie that made me stop and think...the changes that we are going through....the role of the media in enhancing faith...

Or could the media destroy faith as well...

2 comments:

  1. Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
    By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out what was visible. (Hebrews 11:1,3)

    Romans 4:4-5 describe: Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as gift, but as an obligation. (5) However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

    Therefore, we are justified not by work but by faith in Christ because faith is God's free gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you explain what you mean... God justifies the wicked...?

    ReplyDelete