Tuesday, March 31, 2009

PRISON WITH NO WALLS

" I saw your picture in the newspaper. I was wondering how you are managing..."

The letter in Tony's hands was from a stranger.

In prison, and in pain, it was the only letter he got.

Finallly he met the writer who visited him every Thursday and he came to see him as his father.

Tony changed.

Because John White told him one day...you haven't tried Jesus.

That night Tony cried more than he had ever cried before.

The next morning, in a real prison , he woke up feeling FREE.

"I woke up feeling more free than some of you looking at me today...Did you hear what I said?

Prison can take many forms...

It can be a relationship,..it can be religion.."

I found myself clapping when he mentioned religion

because I knew how religion could be a prison,

A prison with now walls

THE WORST PRISON OF ALL

3 comments:

  1. I thought prison only referred to a building where criminals or wrong doers are kept. Now I realise I was once imprisoned by the world and its desire. My sinful nature blinded my heart from knowing Jesus as my Lord. Now I'm free because Jesus died for me on the cross. His blood set me free from the prison of sin. Thank you Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prison can also be a constant need to be liked and wanted by other people. Jesus can set us free from this prison with His unconditional, unwavering love for you and me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing..I never thought of it that way...

    ReplyDelete