Tuesday, March 17, 2009

SOME ARE HARDENED

I have been wondering what is meant by some being hardened.. and blinded. It refers to the nation of Israel. Why la did God blind and harden? Why o....As I pondered on this I guess HE wanted to send me a clue. So one morning when I was doing my bible reading... by random selection... I read about Paul telling the Roman I believe... er you see I am still blurr about the scenario...Well he was saying that they would not be saved because they followed the law ( rules???) NOT BY FAITH.

O my... now that sounds familiar. I seem to recall that there are some poeple really hooked up about rules and all that... To the extent that I look at them and feel that they have lost their freedom, the right to choose and the right to change when they have in fact encountered a new truth.

Can one encounter a new truth.

Of course ma...

Just like you can discover that burgers are not healthy. One fine day you could realize that what you had believed to be the whole truth and nothing but the truth was in fact PART TRUTH and therefore NOT TRUTH AT ALL!!!!

The thing is... this leads me to the notion of partial blindness. Or partial sight. Sheesh. this is like so dangerous. Because whoever has this condition is completely HARDENED...

Because they BELIEVE they can see ma.

We are the last , the latest and the most just religion, they say. In our religion we have freedom...because it is for ALL people. The thing is...because there is partial sight and partial blindness, the UNFREEDOM and CONDITIONAL LOVE and all the rest that is OPPOSITE to salvation through Lord Jesus Christ is not available to those who are hardened.

But you see,...Lord Jesus wants these hardened ones too.

When the fullness of the Gentiles comes to Jesus, the whole nation of Israel will come to Jesus.

Then we will know Jesus is the Prince of Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Seems that people outside the Jews are called the Gentiles whom are saved by faith through Jesus.
    Oh God, thank you for sending us your Son, Jesus to this world to die for me, a sinner.
    My heart is hardened because of my sins.
    You broke the hardiness of my hard on the cross so that I will be saved.
    Salvation is for everyone, either Jews or Gentiles.
    In Acts 4:12 says:
    "Salvation is found in no-one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved".

    ReplyDelete