Thursday, March 19, 2009

TRUTH VS LIES

I seem to be in pursuit of lies and in the process I encounter truth.

Sometimes I prefer to listen to a lie because the truth is painful.

Here is a piece written by Ivan Stang...

"I find that much of what we perceive as reality is highly subjective and unstable. I am not the only one who tries to create different realities for people to believe in. The world is full of things to believe in and someare more detrimental than others. The problem seems to be that their is a shade of truth to most things out there even science fiction. Some things appeal to some more than others. I think this is part of human nature tolove what it sees as truth.

I have followed many different spiritual paths and have found that they all lead to the same truth or its converse lie. The truth that all reality leads to is that Jesus Christ the son of the living God came into the flesh and died for our sins.

All error seems to lead to an idea that Jesus Christ did not come into the flesh. This is a dangerous lie because Jesus came into the world in the likeness of sinful flesh to condemn sin in the flesh that we might have away out of the death that sin brings.

I have spent a long time following the spirit of error and been thoroughly deceived by it. I recognized it as error when I came to the truth.I bought the lie and was disappointed enough to go out and find the truth."

3 comments:

  1. Jesus says, "I am the Way the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father but through Me." Jesus is either a boaster and therefore, a blatant liar, or He really is what He says He is. If He is a blatant liar, He should have been found out by now, by all who believed in His Word. They would have found out by now that He's just leading us "up the garden path," so to speak. If He is speaking the truth, isn't it time to find out about this most urgent this truth? This is especially when He makes some other even more "outrageous" claims like: " "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." (Jn 11:25-26) And,"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." (Jn 5:24) This life, no matter how long we live, seldom crosses the timeline of 100 years. It is SHORT, compared to eternal life! Why should anyone be fearful for in this short, short life, and forfeit eternal life? So Jesus warns us,"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28). It is this FEAR OF GOD that helps Christians to overcome the FEAR OF MAN, so that if we have to die for our faith, we have made an eternally better choice. We gain eternal life...and immediately, at that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What else can we say about each other. All who are born of women are sinful in nature and are bound to be punished. It is the blood of Jesus, the Son of God, that set us free from the bondage of sin. Aren't we are fortunate to receive that free salvation? We do not work for it because of our sinful nature. Only by faith in Jesus that we receive salvation. Have faith in Him only then you will be saved!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes , outrageous claims...I took it for granted I must say. I was swept away by routine and the hypnotic effect of memorised prayers..But now I see things anew and ache so for the oevrflowing indescribable mystery of Divine Love..

    ReplyDelete