Friday, October 30, 2009

HOW LONG?

How Long, O Lord
When O Lord shall I ever be free
From the turmoil I have inside?
When will I finally know the freedom
I should have in Jesus Christ?

There’s no one that could understand
What I go through every day
They cannot see inside my heart
Nor feel the words I pray

I know my Lord you’re drawing out
These things I’ve buried deep
That I may face them at this time
Though it causes so much grief

I know I need to deal with this
In order to be moving on
But I need to ask this one thing
LordI need to know ‘How long’

How long O God will I be this way?
When will I finally be free?
How long will I cry out to you?
O Lord please answer me

I feel at times like giving up
But I know I must press through
It seems so overwhelming Lord
And so very hard to do

I know I need to focus on
One little step at a time
For that is all I can take right now
For the way is steep to climb

I thank you Lord you understand
You know just how I feel
And you will bring me through one day
Freed and totally healed

I long O God for that day
When I shall be restored
And become the person I should be
Bringing glory to you Lord

3 comments:

  1. Paul Said: " I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and strining towards what is ahead."

    Press onn towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenwards in Christ Jesus.
    Philippians 3:13-14

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even apostle Paul was not spared torment, for he tells us:

    "To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
    [2 Corinthians 12:7-10]

    When we come to the end of ourselves, His Spirit takes over, as we surrender ourselves into His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you are questioned, do not worry about what word to say,
    for God has promise that he will speak on your behalf. What is needed is to believe in him.

    God's promise:
    "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.
    But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."
    (1 Corinthians 10:13)

    ReplyDelete