Tuesday, April 7, 2009

JESUS AS A TEACHER

My goodness I was going to post on my blog Eageleslead and got into Heavenlymystery..it must mean I should post here.

I was thinking about a possible exam question..what are the qualities of an effective teacher.. and I started to think of Jesus.

He used parables. They made it easier to understand and remember important values that may have been difficult to explain.

For example the parable of the good shephard tells me that Jesus would not let even one soul be lost.

What about me? Would I let one soul be lost?

You know I used to think it was none of my business..but I was wrong.

He showed the way. A teacher should not expect students to do something she does not do.

He gave his life for us. A teacher must love so deeply that he is willing to give his life.

4 comments:

  1. Jesus is a real teacher or even more than that.
    He is called a Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace.-Isaiah 9:6

    Jesus' love is like the parable of the lost sheep. After he found his lost sheep, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbours together and says, "Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep."
    "I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." -Luke 15:5-7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this...I didn't know he was called a Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God and Everlasting Father... would you care to elaborate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A counsellor helps problematic person to identify his own problem and suggests some solution. A counsellor could not solve one's problem.
    Jesus is a wonderful counsellor. He is much more than a counsellor. He solves one's problem not matter what.
    He said to the lady who was caught of adultery: "Go, your sins are forgiven."
    And to a sinful woman who anointed Jesus' feet: "Your sins are forgiven."
    To you and me, Jesus said: "Come to Me, you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
    If you have any problem, surrender them all to Jesus because He is our helper. He knows all our problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks doe this message. It is very meaningful.

    ReplyDelete