Thursday, April 2, 2009

DON"T BE SO SERIOUS

"You don't have to be so serious.." This was what a friend told me when I told him I was sad because he may not have the chance to know about salvation.

"Every religion points to good.." That was his conclusion.

"My wife is a Christian. I do go to church. I learn the way the priest teaches..." But I gathered that he used what he learnt in his own faith...So here I was faced with a dilemma of talking to an open minded religious teacher who believes that religion is the right way to ...well to what I wonder...

How , o how could I help him to see the urgency of it all...Why o why was he blind to the call...and he was a real real nice person....I could see that he would be a great soldier in the spiritual battle...

My thoughts come to Paul who said that if the walk to God is based on "law" and not "faith"...it will not take us to salvation.

Would anyone care to enlighten us on this point?

1 comment:

  1. In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.(Genesis 1:1-2)

    In the beginning, there was no religion. God spoke directly to man though His Spirit. The pride of man brings religion into existence. Through religion man able to be united.

    All religions are good to mankind. All religions teach its followers to do good.
    However, religions could not guarantee salvation to mankind no matter how good that religion is or was.

    "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

    Thus, religion could save no man.

    ReplyDelete