Monday, January 26, 2009

Info Black Out

Jesus shut out
Ironically by church history
That makes the mystery
Even more tricky

As I heard them tell
What they learnt about Christianity
It pained me so
Cause Jesus Lord
Was not their goal

So this is where we are
We have ourselves to blame
For we overprescribed
And watered away the Truth

So it's time to break it off
It's time to leave childish things
And take the painful route
I am letting you go

Yes I must find my Lord
And so must you
For nothing else makes much sense
Until you do

And if you have to leave
Your beloved family
That's the price of love
For the heavenly mystery

It's the way I know
I have to go
I am calling you to follow
And you know what you must do

Leave the doctrines you know
You know they do not hold the truth
They do not give you the freedom
You need to find the one who calls you.

Leave your past
Leave your treasures
You will lose them anyway
Cause where you are going

Only one thing matters
Love the God you know
The God who loves you so
You have been away and lost

It's time to come home

No comments:

Post a Comment